Saturday, July 18, 2009

Meeting with Congressmen Sessions



From my short time in ministry I have already learned a few things one of them is "you can plan all you want but, God usually has different plans". That saying has been true on this trip as in life. A contact of my call me yesterday afternoon at around 5:00pm and told me that Congressman Pete Sessions from 32nd district of Texas wanted to meet with us tomorrow at 10:30 on the Canon Balcony. He wanted to take photo's with the kids and talk to us for a while this was not totally unexpected but since I had not heard back from my contact in so long I assumed that it would not happen (it is funny how when we no longer believe that things can happen how God says "You wanta bet"). So when I went to Congressman Sessions office right after I got the call, God amazed me more when i found out that Pete was fitting us in between votes in congress. If you watch the video of the Congressman talking with the kids (its on flickr) you hear him reference the bells going off, that is a signal from Capital Hill that a vote will take place in 5 minutes. I fell that it was not only a blessing from God that we got to meet with Congressman Sessions
but that God also used him to show our kids how i think God sees us. Congressman Sessions could have easily said "im just to busy to make this work im sorry"and none of us would have thought twice about it. He was voting on laws for the entire United States. But thats not what he did, he said no you are important to me and i will make time for you no matter what i have to do to make it work. I really hope that our kids realize that is how God sees them "valued above even the most important task" even as God is running the whole world and all the heavens that he will always make time for them.


*Pictures of the Kids with Congressman Sessions (& video) and Pictures from our touring today are up at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jhfirsties/

No comments:

Post a Comment